What are cache files?
Cache files are temporary data stored on your local drive either while downloading file, playing games, running software, browsing internet or while editing files for the speed-up retrieval when users reopen next time.
Cache file are good but not always. It occupy space on your disk and may cause storage problem and it may also slow down your PC when it over occupy your disk.
Clear cache file using CMD
This is one of the easiest, simplest and fastest methods to clear your disk by removing temporary unused files (cache).
- Open Run or press Win + ‘R’
- Type ‘temp’ on Run dialogue box and hit enter.
- This will open file explorer with lots of cache files.
- Select all files and delete them all at once.
- Similarly, Type ‘%temp%’ on the run dialogue box and hit enter.
- Again delete all those files. They are unusable files that slow down your pc.